|Customer rating: 5/5
Most new managers get very little initial training about how to manage. Generally new managers are promoted or selected for the role because of their excellent technical or professional expertise. It is assumed therefore that they will also be expert at people management.
This book fills the 'people management' learning gap for new managers. A complete 'How to' guide for managing your boss, your people and yourself - make a success of your career as a manager.
Packed with handy tips and case studies you'll find yourself referring to this book again and again as you progress through your career.
You will discover how to:
- become an effective leader, get the best out of yourself and be recognised throughout the organisation
- distribute your time appropriately between the three essential managerial role elements of leading, managing and operating
- manage your boss - one of the most important of your work relationships
- manage the performance of your team including setting and maintaining standards, coaching, motivating and appraising performance
- delegate, make more effective decisions, and run motivational team meetings
- select the best person for the job with a process that is four times more effective than traditional selection processes.
The simple and practical actions laid out in this handbook have shown thousands of new managers a better way of managing.
Find out for yourself!