||The complete networking resource for busy professionals and the self-employed: master both face-to-face and online networking!
- Powerful, easy networking techniques for winning more business, climbing the career ladder, and launching your own company or practice.
- Covers both in-person techniques and online social networks--and shows how to gain powerful synergies by integrating them.
- Shows how to quickly start dialogue, build rapport, start dialogue, and generate lasting business relationships.
Everyone needs to network, but networking doesn't come naturally to everyone! In The FT Guide to Business Networking, you'll learn easy-to-use, proven techniques for networking successfully, both in person and in online social networks such as Facebook and LinkedIn. Internationally-renowned business consultant Heather Townsend guides you in using networking to win more business, climb the ladder within your company, or launch your own business or professional practice. Using many real-world success stories, Townsend shows how to:
- Integrate online and offline techniques so they both deliver better results.
- Choose the right approach, attitude, and behaviors.
- Quickly start dialogue, build rapport, and generate strong relationships, both in person and online.
- Get the referrals you need to develop new business.
- Network efficiently when you have limited time.
- Avoid the most common networking pitfalls, and more.